Collection: PART 3

Live Project

women of world war ii

http://www.amusingplanet.com/2016/03/womens-world-war-ii-memorials.html

British national war memorial situated on Whitehall in London, to the north of the Cenotaph.

many working suit use this technique to finish the edges.

I am amazed by the amount of goods Harrods sales in the early time. The Harrods store already had many departments in the early time, which even includes barber shops, pet stores; which suits the Harrods motto: "Omnia Omnibus Vbique".

I am also surprised that the Green Man plays an important role in Harrods' history. They are not just uniformed door man, but also the ambassadors of Harrods that represent the whole store. They carries more responsibilities than just a door man. 

I was interested in the part that Green women had replaced Green man's during 1915-1918 since Green Men were called up for World War One. On one of the articles I read it said, since Harrods faced a serious shortage of man,  the female commissionaries are called up to replace many mens' job. Moreover, Harrods treat female colleagues equals to the male colleagues. 

The “Green Men” are an ever-present sight at the store. Officially referred to as “Carriage Attendants”, they act as ambassadors for customer service, opening doors, greeting VIPs, and helping to carry packages for hardcore shoppers. Harrods employs seven of them at any given time.

Fields marked by '*' are required.